POST CARE INFORMATION
Permanent makeup is an art, not a science. Client’s results will vary and traditional make up may still be needed. We have no control over your body’s healing process and everyone reacts differently to permanent make up procedures. Most people will require at least one touch up 8 weeks after the original procedure, to get the best results. Some people may need a third procedure.
It is very important to follow these instructions very carefully!
1. BLOT – Blot the brows with a clean tissue as needed to absorb excess lymph the first 2 hours. Lymph is a clear/yellowish fluid that comes up from the brows in tiny bubbles.
2. WASH – Next morning, gently wash the brows with a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil, rinse and pat dry them with clean paper towel. Repeat before bed. Throughout healing phase, clean any oil, makeup, sweat, dirt, etc. from brows as needed.
3. MOISTURIZE – Starting on 3rd day, apply an EXTREMELY thin layer of ointment 2 times a day using clean Q-Tip as needed if the brows feel tight or dry. Dab off excess ointment. For oily skin types, avoid applying ointment.
4. KEEP DRY – Apart from washing, keep the brows dry as possible. If the brows get wet in the shower, blot dry immediately.
1. COLD COMPRESS – Eye The Brows will give you a bag of cotton pads soaked in Witch Hazel, which will help keep the swelling down. Keep the pre-soak pads in a fridge and place a cotton pad on and off each eye for 1 minute at a time during the first day after the procedure.
2. WASH – Next morning, gently wash the eyes with a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil, rinse and pat dry them with clean paper towel. Repeat before bed. Throughout healing phase, clean any oil, makeup, sweat, dirt, etc. from eyes as needed.
3. MOISTURIZE – No ointment or cream for eyeliner.
4. KEEP DRY – Apart from washing, keep the eyes dry as possible. If the eyes get wet in the shower, blot dry immediately.
5. DO NOT – Do not wear contact lenses for 48 hours. Use a new mascara once you start wearing cosmetics again.
1. BLOT – Blot the LIPS with clean damp cotton pads as needed for the first 2 hours, then 3-5 times through out the rest of the first day. Lymph is a clear/yellowish fluid that comes up from the lips in tiny bubbles.
2. WASH – Before go to bed, gently wash the lips with a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil, rinse and pat dry them with clean paper towel. Repeat before bed.
Throughout healing phase, clean any oil, makeup, sweat, dirt, etc. from lips as needed.
3. MOISTURIZE – Apply the ointment frequently using clean Q-Tip.
4. AVOID – Avoid spicy, salty and acidic foods and use a straw for drinking. Avoid anything that stretches the lips for a few days until it doesn’t hurt to fully open your mouth. Try to prepare your food in bite-sized pieces as much as possible.
5. REMEMBER – Continue your Cold Sore prescription until it is finished.
AVOID THE FOLLOWING:
Avoid any type of skin peels or products containing Retin A, glycolic and make-up over the pigmented area.
Avoid hot steamy showers or long baths. Keep your face away from the showerhead.
Avoid soaps, creams, or lotions on the pigmented area when washing or during the course of your daily routine. Wash the treated area gently by only splashing water.
Avoid swimming, saunas or hot tubs for a period of at least 1 week.
Avoid sweaty exercise for a period of at least 10 days.
Do not pick, peel, or scratch as this could cause scarring or removal of colour in the pigmented area.
Do not sleep on your face during the healing.
Do not wear makeup on or close to the pigmented area(s) during healing.
Do not expose your face to direct sun while healing. After healing, always cover and/or wear SPF on pigmented area(s), as UV rays can fade or shift the color of the tattoo over time.
Do not touch the pigmented area except for applying the products provided by Eye The Brows. Never touch the newly pigmented area with dirty hands, fingernails, clothing and etc…
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Healing times varies with each individual and the area that was tattooed. Generally, tattoos are fully healed in 2 to 3 weeks.
If you donate blood, inform your technician that you have had a cosmetic tattoo done in a licensed tattoo facility. Inform esthetic and medical professionals of your tattoo if relevant.
The colour of the pigmented area will appear to be very intense and dark immediately after your procedure. The reason is that some of the colour is sitting on top of the skin. Once the skin starts healing and/or flaking, the colour will fade considerably as the skin heals over the pigments.
The final colour should not be considered for approximately 6 to 8 week after the final visit. Do not be alarmed if it appears that most of the colour is flaking off and crusting will appear on your Q-tip, this is normal. This is the superficial colour and is part of the healing process.
It is highly recommended that you get colour boosts to freshen up your treatment every 18 to 36 months. This will keep your permanent makeup looking its best.