What is permanent makeup?
Is it really permanent?
Is permanent makeup safe?
Does it hurt?
Who can benefit from permanent makeup?
Who should not receive permanent make up?
A client cannot be treated:
- If you are Pregnant, Nursing, Harvesting eggs or Trying to get pregnant.
- If you have heart conditions/pace Maker
- If you have any bleeding disorders
- If you are undergoing radiation or chemotherapy treatment (you should wait until treatment is finished and you must consult with your physician before going forward)
- If you have an auto immune disorder such as Lupus or Diabetes (in some cases, diabetics may not heal well at all. You must consult with your physician before going forward)
- If you have shingles (especially on face)
- If you have Hepatitis C (in some cases, you may be in a poor health and may not heal well. You must consult with your physician before going forward)
- If you are under 20 years old
How should I prepare my skin for my permanent make up appointment?
Please note for eyeliner procedures: If you are using any eyelash growth serums, you must discontinue use for TWO MONTHS prior to procedure in order to reduce sensitivity.
Please note for lip procedures: If you have a history of cold sores/fever blisters/herpes simplex, you will be required to contact your physician to obtain the proper prescription (such as Valtrex) to prevent such outbreaks.
Please visit the Pre Care Page for more information.
What happens during the procedure?
How is the shape decided?
When we meet we will discuss your goals. Your facial contours, bone structure, age, skin tone and type, as well as your naturally occurring shape will dictate much of what is decided. Your artist has been trained in proper design. It is important to work together with your artist on deciding a shape, as permanent makeup is, after all, a tattoo. Only the most complementary and flattering look for you will be done. A magazine photo is only achievable if it suits you.
What should I expect after my permanent makeup procedure?
Immediately post treatment the area will appear darker than the target colour. You may experience some weeping of lymph fluid, which must be blotted away. As the area heals it is natural to sense some itching and see some flaking or light scabbing. Please follow all of the aftercare instructions provided by your artist, using only the products provided or recommended. All treatments include a perfection session to be done between 6 and 8 weeks following the initial procedure. This is a mandatory component. Please refer to the section on aftercare for further information.
Can I wear my makeup after a procedure?
If I want to get Botox or fillers done, should I have them done before or after my permanent makeup procedure(s)?
I am going through chemotherapy, can I get permanent makeup done?
Many clients opt to get permanent makeup before chemotherapy; however, please remember that it is a two treatment process, separated by 6 to 8 weeks. If you have completed your chemo treatments, give your body 6 months before getting permanent makeup.
I have had work done by someone else. Do you offer correction work?
In all situations of corrective work, you will need a thorough consultation for us to develop the best solution. A full waiver is required.
Can I still get MRIs?
Magnetic resonance imaging can potentially cause tattooed skin to heat up, depending on the composition of the ink. This is far less likely now than in the past but it is best to err on the side of caution and advise your MRI technician about all tattoos, including permanent makeup.
Can I go to work the next day?
What is the maintenance for permanent make up?
There is no way to determine how long each client’s treatment will last before it starts to break down and fade. It is not an exact science.
The microblading technique for eyebrows will fade faster than the Ombré powder brow technique. However sun exposure, skin products, medications and your own lifestyle will affect the longevity of your tattoo. If you wish to maintain your permanent makeup, it is highly recommended that you get colour boosts to freshen up your treatment every 18 to 36 months. This will keep your permanent makeup looking its best. However, if you have had microblading, colour boosts will be needed sooner and more often as this technique fades faster. Again, sun exposure, skin products, medications and your life style will affect how long your tattoo will last.
How long does permanent makeup last?
A good indication about whether it is time for a touch up is if you feel you need to add cosmetics to the area. Feel free to forward a clear photo for an assessment.
How do you guarantee your work?
There are so many variables, known and unknown, that affect the retention and result of a permanent makeup treatment. Eye The Brows does its best to mitigate possible impacts on results through a well informed skin assessment and through a number of questions to be answered by all clients on our consent and waiver forms.
However, even with this, no predictions can be made. Therefore, no guarantee can be made. Eye The Brows will remedy an unsatisfactory result to whatever extent we can, but please expect additional fees for extra retouches.
No refunds can be issued.
Where can I find more information about each permanent makeup treatment offered by Eye The Brows?
Please visit the individual treatment pages (from menu tab) for more information.
What are the different permanent eyebrow techniques that Eye The Brows offers?
- MICROBLADING: The microblading technique is performed using a manual hand tool (no machine) to create ultra-fine, delicate hair strokes that blend beautifully into your natural brow hair. Each hair stroke is individually drawn into the skin to yield a hyper-realistic looking brow hair. Each brow hair drawn is deliberately placed to achieve a beautifully natural brow pattern. This technique looks best when you don’t have eyebrow permanent makeup that has aged poorly, have some natural, soft (not coarse) eyebrow hair, and normal skin, not prone to oiliness or other conditions and sensitivities.
- OMBRÉ POWDER BROWS: Ombré powder brows are becoming very popular, as it resembles look of expertly applied soft eyebrow makeup. The powder technique is very gentle on the skin and therefore suitable for any skin type and age. This technique involves creating a pixelated effect (little dots that appear like a soft spray) to create delicate edges around the brows versus solid block brows with very defined contours. The brows will heal soft and powdery, unlike traditional cosmetic pencils. Once healed, your brows will look like they have been perfectly applied. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This method delivers even coverage and ages beautifully.
- FEATHER STROKE (NANO) BROWS: This technique achieves the same result as microblading does, but is achieved with a powerful device that gently etches individual eyebrow hair strokes following a natural pattern. The speed and power of the machine can lend itself to a longer lasting treatment overall; however the same limitations apply as for microblading with respect to skin type, skin tone and overall skin condition.
- COMBO (HAIR STROKES + SOFT SHADING) BROWS: By blending the hair stroke (nano brow) technique with a soft shading technique, the artist is able to create a 3 dimensional result that is miraculously realistic and breathtakingly gorgeous. As a combination final appearance is a natural, fuller, and more defined look. This technique is accomplished by creating the hair strokes first, and then adding soft shading that will cover the skin between the hair strokes. Once healed, you will see the hair strokes on top of a softly shaded background.
What are the contraindications for microblading?
- Pregnant, Nursing, Harvesting eggs or Trying to get pregnant.
- Severe rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, large pores with oily skin, deep wrinkles in the brow area, very coarse hair, hair transplant for your brow area.
- Very thin and/or fair skin, oily skin, skin types such as Dark skin, Indian, Italian and Mediterranean.
- Previous brow tattoo that has not faded or that needs colour correction. In these cases, laser tattoo removal or saline removal is strongly recommended before getting any permanent makeup procedure.
- If you take any medications that thin the blood.
- If you take Accutane or Retin-A (acne medication), you must wait 1 FULL year before procedure.
- If you use Retinol or Vitamin A, you must discontinue use for 1 MONTH prior to procedure.
- If you use EYEBROW GROWTH SERUMS, you must discontinue use for 2 MONTH prior to procedure.
Do you shave my existing eyebrows?
Your artist works around your existing brow hair and, in fact, keeping your natural brow hair helps lend itself to a more natural final result. Eyebrow hair that falls outside of the designed shape will be removed. A trim may be necessary.
Can I bleach my eyebrows after a procedure?
I use eyebrow growth serums. Can I get permanent eyebrow tattoo?
It is recommended to discontinue use for TWO MONTHS prior to procedure in order to reduce sensitivity. It’s not recommended for use on the brows at all afterwards.
Can I expect to have perfect hair strokes?
What are the different permanent eyeliner techniques that Eye The Brows offers?
EYELASH ENHANCEMENT: This treatment involves the application of pigment directly within the layers eyelashes giving the result of depth and definition to the contour of the eye. It also gives the appearance of a thicker lash line and is an absolutely ideal solution for clients with sparse, short or absent eyelashes due to alopecia or trichotillomania (hair pulling disorder).
CLASSIC EYELINER: Describes a service wherein addition to the above described eyelash enhancement, pigment is also placed above the lash line, similar to traditional cosmetics. This treatment delivers more thickness than eyelash enhancement. Different results can be achieved depending on client’s needs to create a timeless look.
WINGED EYELINER: This treatment is a more intense look and ideal for those who love a liquid or a bold pencil look with definition. The wings can be placed at the outside corner of the upper eyelid, placed strategically to mitigate future eyelid hooding or drooping. Perfectly symmetrical wings can be tailored to crate many desired effects to make a statement.
SOFT SHADED EYELINER: Combines the eyelash enhancement with an eyeliner treatment and adds a soft shadow above it, usually in brown. The shadow look can range from soft to dramatic and can even give the illusion of a wing that is less of a commitment than the traditional “Latino” style wings that are done with dark black, and are very defined.
I have eyelash extensions on my eyes. Can I get permanent eyeliner tattoo?
I use eyelash growth serums. Can I get permanent eyeliner tattoo?
Do you offer lip liner alone?
What are the different permanent lip techniques that Eye The Brows offers?
LIPSTICK EFFECT: This treatment saturates the lip with the colour of choice, which is a decision made with your artist in order to best complement your skin tone. The healed result will be faded from the look you leave with immediately post treatment, but you will look like you are wearing a lovely lipstick.
LIP BLUSH (AQUARELLE LIPS): This treatment yields a soft, just kissed look that enhances lip colour but appears more natural than the lip stick look. It is the fresh, rosy look so popular today.
OMBRE LIP BLUSH: Ombré Lips appear more saturated at the vermillion border of the lips (contours) with the colour softly tapering off about mid-lip. Colour selection for this treatment is key in order for it to blend well with your natural colour.
I want my lips to appear larger without using dermal fillers. Can you do this?
The very best approach to lip enlargement and/or achieving lip symmetry is to combine dermal fillers with permanent lip tattoo.
Am I a candidate for a permanent lip tattoo?
If you have any history of cold sores/fever blisters/herpes simplex, you will be required to contact your physician to obtain the proper prescription (such as Valtrex) to prevent such outbreaks.